We encourage you to educate yourself using a variety of resources, starting with the helpful reference listed below. To speak with a Patient Services Representative or to request a consultation, please call (866) 944-8253.
- Larson JM. Seven Weeks to Sobriety. New York, NY: Fawcett Columbine; 1997.
- Williams RJ, et al. Alcoholism, the Nutritional Approach. Austin, TX: University of Texas Press; 1959
- Cook J, et al. Physicians’ perspectives on prescribing benzodiazepines for older adults: a qualitative study. J Gen Intern Med. 2007 March; 22(3):303–307.
- Angell, M. Industry-sponsored clinical research: a broken system. JAMA. 2008 Sept 3; 300:1069–1071.
- Barber, C. The medicated Americans: antidepressant prescriptions on the rise. Scientific American Mind. 2008 Feb 27.
- Breggin PR. Antidepressant-induced suicide, violence, and mania: risks for military personnel. Ethical Human Psychology and Psychiatry. 2010;12(2):111–21.
- Dreyfus R. The Story of a Remarkable Medicine. Lantern Books, New York, NY, 2003.
- Fournier JC, et al. Antidepressant drug effects and depression severity. 2010 Jan 6;303(1):47–53.
- Healy, D. Let Them Eat Prozac. The Unhealthy Relationship Between the Pharmaceutical Industry and Depression. New York, NY: New York University Press; 2004.
- Kirsch I, et al. Initial severity and antidepressant benefits: a meta-analysis of data submitted to the Food and Drug Administration. PLoS Medicine. 2008 Feb;5(2):e45.
- Mojtabai R. Clinician-identified depression in community settings: concordance with structured-interview diagnoses. Psychother Psychosom. 2013;82(3):161–9.
- Turner EH, et al. Selective publication of antidepressant trials and its influence on apparent efficacy. N Engl J Med. 2008 Jan 17;358(3):252–260
- Gadsby, JE. Addiction by Prescription, One Woman’s Triumph and Fight for Change. Toronto, Ontario, Canada: Key Porter Books, 2000.
- National Drug Intelligence Center. OxyContin Diversion and Abuse. Information Bulletin. 2001 Jan.
- US Department of Health and Human Services. Prescription Drugs Abuse and Addiction. National Institute on Drug Abuse, Research Report Series. 2001 July.
- National Center of Addiction and Substance Abuse. Under the Counter: The Diversion and Abuse of Controlled Prescription Drugs in the US. 2005 July
- Du J, et al. Ascorbic acid: chemistry, biology and the treatment of cancer. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012 Dec;1826(2):443–457.
- Cameron E, Pauling L. Supplemental ascorbate in the supportive treatment of cancer: Prolongation of survival times in terminal human cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 1976 Oct;73(10):3685–3689.
- Ma Y, et al. High-dose parenteral ascorbate enhanced chemosensitivity of ovarian cancer and reduced toxicity of chemotherapy. Sci Transl Med. 2014 Feb 5;6(222):222ra18.
- Dehghani-Arani F, et al. Neurofeedback training for opiate addiction: improvement of mental health and craving. Appl Psychophysiol Biofeedback. 2013 Jun;38(2):133-41.
- Schoenberg PL, et al. Biofeedback for psychiatric disorders: a systematic review. Appl Psychophysiol Biofeedback. 2014 Jun;39(2):109-35.
Contact a friendly Patient Services Representative for more information.